If you’ve been told that you need a gum graft to restore your receding gums, you may want to consider a RejuvaGum Lift™ procedure in our South Elgin, IL dentist office instead. Unlike a traditional gum graft, which requires harvesting tissue from elsewhere in your mouth, a RejuvaGum Lift™ uses platelet-rich fibrin (PRF) derived from a small amount of your blood to regenerate your gum tissue.
Our dentists also use patient-friendly PRF to encourage healing following tooth extractions and to help spur new bone growth with bone grafts.
Compared to a traditional gum graft, a RejuvaGum Lift™:
- Is less invasive. Our dentists won’t need to remove tissue from anywhere in your mouth. Instead, they’ll simply take a very small amount of blood, then run it through a centrifuge to obtain the PRF.
- Involves less discomfort. You’ll experience less swelling and discomfort.
- Heals quicker. The PRF super-charges the healing process.
- Poses less risk of infection. Because no cutting or sutures are involved, there is less chance of infection or other complications following your procedure.
To find out more about this innovative procedure for repairing receding gums and improving your smile’s overall appearance, call 630-883-0200.
Get Dental Sedation If You Need It
Because a RejuvaGum Lift™ is minimally invasive, local anesthesia is likely all you’ll need for the procedure. However, if you’re nervous, you can choose to receive dental sedation. Because every person responds differently to sedation, we offer three types. They offer different levels of relaxation, and our dentists can help you determine which method is most appropriate for you.
Your choices are:
- Nitrous oxide, or “laughing gas”
- Oral sedation in the form of a pill
- IV sedation, which is administered intravenously
To see if you’re a candidate for a RejuvaGum Lift™, call 630-883-0200. Brar Dentistry has locations in four Illinois communities: Elgin, South Elgin, St. Charles, and Sleepy Hollow.